SIDE HUSTLE

 


Hello there, here I am. Kamil, the author of this blog.


First of all, I want you to know why I need to talk about this topic (Side Hustle)?

Side hustle is currently a hit, very common among the young adult generation. So, now let’s jump to the main topic.

Based on Wikipedia sources, a side job, also informally called a side hustle or side gig, is an additional job that a person takes in addition to their primary job, in order to supplement their income. Side jobs may be done out of necessity, when one's income from their main job is insufficient to support them, or simply out of a desire to earn more income. Working a side job can also, informally, be called moonlighting, usually when it is performed after normal working time. A side job can be a full-time job, part-time contract, or freelance work, and a person can hold more than one side job.

 

What’s the history?

The expression side hustle was first used in 1950, which makes the term much older than many realize. The term became popular during and after the last recession, when traditional jobs disappeared and enterprising people had to make ends meet.

 

When is it becoming a trend?

Today, with the rising cost of groceries, debt, especially student debt, and the tenuousness of the traditional day job, a record number of people make money online, earn extra cash in their spare time, and engage in a side hustle.

 

What’s my personal experiences?

I have had many side hustles since young age. In high school, I sold snacks in my class. It earned good money and I enjoyed the business for around 1 year till national exam came. In university, I joined multilevel marketing in cosmetic and beauty products of Sweden Company, Oriflame. I offered the product through catalogue and social media advertising. Usually, my customers were my seniors and classmates. Since I didn’t have so many acquaintances. I also tried selling the low budget crocs sandal, I kept on uploading the trending mode on my Facebook account and tagging my old friends in my hometown.

Moved to new era of my business, I opened a grooming service with my friend and sometimes also provided vet service on my spare time in college. This was one of the biggest business I have ever made. I had a partnership with another vet to cope with the market demand. But, I have to release my responsibility as founder when I moved to foreign country.

Last but not least, currently I am joining an online vet service as a tele-advisor at Hewania.com. My online schedule is every day because I can do it while doing other activities. I suggest to all of you, dear my beloved friends! please support my career by contact me through the website of Hewania for online consultation. Hehe



 How’s sustainability of side hustle?

Based on my experiences, having a side hustle is fun. It gives you more money besides of your main salary. Train your brain to work harder, outside of your comfort zone. The sustainability of your business depends on the management and endurance of your performance. From my perspective, I prefer to have slow growing business than discontinuing after bombing in short time.\


What's some kind side hustle idea?

Choosing your 2nd, 3rd jobs should be easier, you can create new business from your hobby, your house, or your circle. It depend on your capability to manage and handle the time. It must be flexible and less stress than your main job. Here some of hustle job idea (source:unknown)



Comments

Popular Posts