MY BRUNEI ENDING STORY

 Hello, welcome back to my personal blog.

Here I want to share the steps of solo living in Brunei Darussalam.

Yeah, I have finished my working contract. It’s been 3 years I stayed, from 2019 to 2022.

I’m so grateful for having a great experiences, working abroad, meeting new people, learning new slang and words. Life is wonderful and amazing. Go find some adventure, you will never regret it.

 

The first step of finishing your work is by asking for resignation. You can send to management/ HRD or directly to your boss. You have to inform them the last last day of your work, any annual leave days left, and hand over your job to other workmates. Make sure your work is settled and no miscommunication between management and you. It’s so important to make an agreement whether you still want to get contact about your previous job desk after you leave or not. Please let the other worker know everything you did and share all the documents with management. It takes a month for the process to be done. 

Next it’s about your personal, like bank account and sending money to your home country. To close your bank account, please bring along your ATM, IC, and passport. The bank will give your account balance in cash. So please be careful and make sure the amount of money is right. Always prepare your own pen, notes, and active internet connection. The bank also ask you to check your mobile banking and virtual account. Personally, I will send my money directly to my home country’s account, I don’t want to take a risk bringing bunch of cash in hand. You can choose any remittance for international money transfer. The fee is around $10 - $13. The rates of currency may vary, but for BND usually stable (almost the same in all remittances).

The other important thing to do is make visa cancelation. It’s a declaration that you have finished the work contract and legally fly abroad or back to your home country. The authority which publish statement is immigration. You can go to immigration by yourself or you can ask for the help of Agency. The requirements for visa cancelation are: passport, flight ticket, company letter, and filling form. The immigration will give stamp on your passport as approve and boarding pass in airport before flight.

Last but not least, don’t leave behind any goods in Brunei. I prefer to sell my unused belongings, donate, or throw the into the trash bin. Yeah, I am not really attached to my things. I just take a lesson, say thank you for their memories, and let them go. Minimalism in real story hehe. Any gift for my friends and family in my home country, I just prepare keychain, fridge magnet, and other small things. It’s more convenient and easy to pack in suitcase.

That’s all my advices to end your journey smoothly. I hope you can find the way of happiness after years in Brunei.

 

Note: I also did a PCR test for COVID-19 2 days before flight. It cost about $75-$80. Please book appointment in advance. The clinic will ask for your flight ticket, picture of IC, and the front page of passport.

Here I attach my resignation letter for sample if you really need it  >>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfs9ggm7rhpa4qh/RESIGNATION%20LETTER.pdf?dl=0

Comments

Popular Posts