WORKING ABROAD, AGAIN?

 I know u must be wonder why it always be outside of my country. Yeah, I am working and living abroad again. But, it’s not that far from my home country. Just people called as “Negeri Jiran” or neighborhood country. The exact place is Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.

 

I still have same job and do same routine as small animal practitioner. It can be different clinic, has another name and place. In the end, I do the things I am used to do. 

 

From my personal point of view, once you go abroad you will find another way to spread your wings wider. It much easier to get new opportunities and better offering in your field. In my experiences, I have guidance how to communicate and discuss professionally with person from another country. I know what to talk about and answering a question accordingly. 

 

Always remember to keep your curriculum vitae updated. The more you involve with your profession actively, the more your bargain value. Never feel less about your GPA or family background. Go move forward and speak briefly about your passion. Seduce your employer with lingering words of excellent skill of English and some basic theories. It sounds much for some people, but it can be least for many more. Take a step farther than common person does. Trust me, it’s worth to try!

 

Let’s go to main topic, so I want to tell you more about my journey how to stay here.

 

Malaysian working permit for professional worker could be more complicated rather than Brunei’s. We need to prepare legal documents like STRV (Surat Tanda Registrasi Veteriner), referral letter of registered vet in Indonesia, active passport (min 6 months before expired date), and Indonesian’s ID card.

 

Actually, my company have a special secretary who help me proceed all the documents in Malaysian authorities, such as veterinary department and immigration. It requires more than 2-3 months till finish. Some people experienced waiting process for almost a year. It’s depended on your documents, travel and working experiences. So, for me as an experienced vet worker in another foreign country will give positive impact for all the process. I just need around 3 months for total timeline.

 

When you get your visa call or working permit from destination country, then you can proceed for passport and visa entry in proponent agent. For me, Malaysia country give permission to VIMA as an official agent for Malaysian visa. It located in Kuningan City Mall, South Jakarta. The process will take 2 days till a week with payment via online around Rp 850.000. Just prepare your documents, passport picture, and m-banking for the online payment.

 

After you received the electronic visa from the agent, you can book a flight ticket as soon as possible. Because you can go anytime you want. Last but not least, prepare for cash. Bring some ringgit in your pocket. For me, I think it’s enough to have 1500RM for one months living expenses before my first payday.s

 

By sharing this story, I hope you can find an easy way to spread your wings too. It’s good to have living abroad life story.

Comments

Popular Posts