UMRAH JOURNEY

 Hello, welcome back to my personal blog. Here I want to share my story of umrah pilgrimage in 2022.



My trip start from 10th till 19th of November 2022. My flight is from Juanda (Surabaya) to King Abdul Aziz airport (Saudi Arabia). I join travel agent Arafah Minna (not endorsed) located in Malang.

Actually, my parents got coupon for umrah discount about 3 years ago. So, I didn’t pay full for the agent fee. I will put the umrah budget list in table below:

NO

Description

Nominal

1

Travel agent

25.900.000

2

clothes and equipment

1.000.000

3

meningitis vaccine

305000

4

med check up

120000

5

pocket money

5.000.000

Total

32.325.000

 

In my situation, I had my own luggage and travel bag from the agent as my parents used before. So, the clothes and equipment I have to buy consist of the rest I needs, like dresses, sunglasses, moisturizer, SPF, hand sock, scarf, sandal, etc.

Another important things to prepare are personal medicine, like: antidiarrhea, antipyretic, and premenstrual pills. I asked my personal doctor to give me prescription of medication to postpone my period. Hope I can do the prayer in Mecca and Medina smoothly.

Jump to the main topic, the rundown has been scheduled by the travel agent. Consist of 3 days in Madina and 5 days in Mecca. The accommodation covered 4 stars hotel, luxury bus for transport, city trips, and 3 times umrah. No need to worry about the food, the travel also provided 3 times meal in hotel and snacks while city tour.

I will also attach the original copy of my schedule. It will give you more detailed information about the activities and location.





Day one, when we arrived at King Abdul Azis Airport, we moved directly to Medina. We stayed for 3 days, focusing on praying in Nabawi Mosque and visiting Raudhah (PBUH's tomb). Other activities, get to know more about the city, like visiting date field, praying in Kuba Mosque, and walking around the Nabawi Mosque complex. In the way you will also passing by Jabal Uhud, the place where Uhud war happened. 

After finishing the Medina's schedule, the tour leader set off for the first umrah, starting from first Miqot (Bir Ali Mosque). In the way to Mecca, we stopped by at rest area for snacking and toilet need. It's open space with many food stalls. Arabian cuisine and cup noodle are the popular dishes. After that, we went to Mecca but first back to hotel. The hotel has better look and service than in Madinah. Still with the same roomate as before. We tried to manage the limited space for 4 people in the same room. Haha

While having the main activity umrah, we also get city tour as well in Mecca. I visited Jabal Tsur, Jabal Rahmah, Mina, Arafah, and Hiro cave. The most exciting activity is hiking in Jabal Rahmah, the historical story of place where Prophet Adam and His wife (Hawa) met again after separation. They were separate after being punished by God to turning down from heaven to the earth.  On another day, we also visited camel farm. You can buy camel milk for 5 SAR. It is almost like goat milk but with salty sensation



Besides the religious activities, I also cruised around the Nabawi mosque and Masjidil Haram. I enjoyed shopping, having conversations with local people, trying the local cuisine. Honestly, my taste of food is different from Arabian. So, for better sake I suggest to going to international standard restaurant like KFC or McD's. 

On the last day, fortunately we could thawaf wada smoothly. After checking out of the hotel, we were headed to Jeddah from Mecca. In our way, we got tour on Al-Amodi Heritage Museum. It displays collection of traditional tools and household in Arabia, especially Mecca. Such a good hospitality and amazing tour cause the staffs can speak Bahasa Indonesia fluently.


OK, I think that's enough information about my umrah in late 2022. I hope you can experience the holy journey as well. Amin, bye

Comments

Popular Posts