CAREER BREAKS STORY

 Hey, this is me. Still with Rizkamil, but now I am not a vet here. Currently, I decide to have a hiatus. So, you can call me an unemployed. Seriously, I am not joking. It’s been 2 months since my last medical appointment with clients. Not really a nice surprise for some people. Yeah, it’s OK for me. I made a choice by myself to finish my work contract after 3 years of unstoppable passionate soul of vet life.

Despite my personal thoughts about choosing career breaks, let’s have some discussion of the pro and cons of it. The source originally shared by @financevampire on Instagram. One of my favorite finance and career platform.

 

credit pic, I enjoy my almost 30's birthday with my parents

Why is it a good idea to get a rest?

Based on my experiences, people will always get bored and tired of the same daily activities. The high tense of duties and responsibility will bring stress and anxiety. Some people have mental health problems when they can’t deal with the pressure. It’s like an unwanted side effect and most of us not realize the negative thought cover our minds. The dark shadow can spreading to other people around us. That’s the main point of having a rest.

Next, a refreshed mind will help you to know what the matter in this life is. You will get a sight of a clear path to a better place. It’s not always hilarious, full of joy, or loud excitement. The pause button is one of the untouchable state when you are too busy. It’s the right moment to organize the priority. With high motivation and a strong willingness to improve, your result in the new chapter remark as the best effort.

Furthermore, there’s a chance to recalibrate your performance, your skill, and knowledge. You will get more focus and a lot of time to join training, courses, review, and etc. Remind again the details of theory in your field. On the internet basis, you can find the webinar and many other online courses from global institutions.

The contrary side of taking career breaks are:

-          Explaining gaps in a CV can be hard for some employers

-          The living costs and basic needs during your break can be higher than you expected

-          You may lose out on skill and direct interaction with industry

 

That’s all the highlight of pro and con career break in 2022. I would like to add some points about the other reasons why you urgently need career breaks: you have to give some space for family time and do some hobbies. Both aspects are rarely talked about as serious topics. I hope you find your inner peace. It’s not a mistake to be not okay. Life is a gift, you can create your own lovely memory.

 

 

Comments

Dinda Aisyah said…
Semangat bu dokter✨ semoga Allah mudahkan semua urusannya dan semoga Allah kasih pilihan terbaik Nya💖
Thanks for sharing, Riz! Memang kadang ada kalanya up and down di pekerjaan. Hal yang dibutuhkan hanyalah rehat sejenak :)

Popular Posts