Raya Celebration 1442 H in Brunei

 Assalamualaikum,

Finally we meet again with 1 Syawal after one month of fasting, praying, and paying zakat In Ramadan. Alhamdulillah…

We have been done Allah’s order in which revealed in Al-Quran (Moslem central religious text). As a guidance for mankind and clear proofs of the guidance, and the Criterion (of right and wrong) (QS Al-Baqarah 185).

Raya as a celebration and grateful moment of Ramadan passed well identically symbolize by new clothes, cookies, foods, and joyful moment like family gathering. We come back to our village and visit relatives to know their current condition, sharing hampers, and pocket money for youngers.

But for me it’s not kind like normal raya, cause I have to stay in Brunei meanwhile all of my family are in Indonesia. It’s been a year since COVID-19 pandemic come, the border closed and very strict rule for transportation. No choice only enjoy my very own moment of raya here with my friends and my boss. The rule of raya celebration is a bit different here than my homecountry. We should get invited by the the person. And it’s well prepared, they will serve you with foods (rendang, ketupat, and others), back sound and decoration of raya, and ofcourse the cookies (tradition like tapak kuda, kueh moor, popia, and etc). The intimate moment must documented in modern way, yeah take a lot of pictures, selfie, make tiktok video haha. Technology is not always bad, it bring happiness and laugh too.

For your information, it’s forbidden to turn on firework and firecracker. I used to buy and played it in my country, but absolutely no for here. It’s dangerous and harmful. Many kids play gadget, plushy, or toys. I hardly find they play outside now. So food is the answer to kill the time.

Brunei’s Sultanate decide 3 days holiday for Raya Celebration, if you find someone working in the first day of raya, the company will get fine. Yeah, everyone is very obedience here, except you want to loss money for government.

I spend my second and third day to go to my friend’s house and have picnic at beach. There’s not much local in beach, most of visitors are foreigner or nonmoslem citizen. I thought the raya celebration in local circle is still running, so not many of them have enough time to do vacation. The sad thing is only a few food stall or restaurant open during raya. Only restaurant with foreign or nonmoslem worker open. People really respect to local and moslem who celebrate raya. Alhamdulillah I get the three days duty off too.

That’s all my report for raya this year, wish you have a great day. Stay safe and healthy 


BONUS, here some of Melayu Raya Song, old and the newest:

Suasana Hari Raya by Anuar Zain and Allina

Satu Hari di Hari Raya by M. Nasir

Pejam Celik by Iman Troye



 

Comments

Popular Posts