Urban Vet in Brunei Darussalam

 


It’s my third changing work place in Brunei Darussalam. Located around city Bandar Seri Begawan, heart of economy and government office. Many fancy places and near access to shopping center. My Clinic is not the biggest one, it’s still consider new as open in early 2019. I work as a vet with my senior who work earlier here, and help by 3 assistants. Our clinic has similar facility like other, but we don’t have diagnostic tools like USG, X-ray, or blood test. It’s quite hard for me to give certain diagnose only regarding to physical examination. Sometimes, I will ask the owner to do some of test on other clinic and bring back for treatment or they can get treatment directly at the other clinic. 

We also provide other services like: neutering, boarding, deworming, vaccination, FPV, CPV, HWD test, etc. For neutering the procedure must get scheduled by appointment, the other cases is only walk-in. I work as a single vet on Thursday cause of my colleague takes off day. Then I get one day off on Tuesday. Sometimes I can request to change my holiday into weekend for special occasion. 

The client is a bit contrast from my previous work place. I can say that people here more calm, having formal vibe, and more serious. It can be most of people work in formal sector like officer, work under company, or private business. The way I speak and inform of the pet disease to the owner is more polite and smooth. Every case has a risk, but we can’t just speak it going to die. But low chance of healing. That’s one of example I do client concern in work place.

I have been work and live here for a month. It’s quite hard sometimes, since I have to deal with living alone. So I have to find courage driving by myself in the city. I tried to do my best to be careful and learn fast the route.  My living are is surrounded by high way, most people drive fastly. I can’t be relax and typing while driving haha. Ofc it’s forbidden and dangerous la…

What make my 3rd living so special?

 I live nearby shops and city. So it’s easy for me to find stuff and to do shopping. We can find supermarket easily, even gym, delivery service, and car wash (one complex with my house). Most of shop keeper are Indonesian, they are very friendly and helpful. I feel so grateful to be Indonesian, cause we never know how to survive living in other country without any colleague. They even know which one my car and always say hello when I am heading home. 

Beside of shopping center, my living area is near from stadium. It’s only 5-10 minutes to reach it. But most of the time I am going to jog only around my compound. I don’t want to waste my time to start car engine and struggle with traffic jam. Usually I take 2.5 route from Masjid Madang then going to uphill and turning down to Sekolah Agama Madang and go to Housing area and then go back by side of high way road. It’s a bit exhausting in the first time, since the track is up and down but now I used to do it. So I only take 15 minutes to finish my jogging activity after work. 

I think this is my last turn to do rotating work after Sengkurong and Kuala Belait. Each has their own stories and I feel so blessed to be here in Covid-19 pandemic. It’s safe to be in Brunei and you will never regret to have experiences working overseas. Enjoy every moment, maybe it won’t come twice.


Thank you :*

Comments

Popular Posts