Hippocrates Oath of Veterinary Medicine




Wednesday 25th July 2018, I officially became Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. The graduation ceremony held on my campus (Institut Pertanian Bogor/ Bogor Agricultural University) since morning till afternoon. In the morning we did graduation ceremony of university in Graha Widya Wisuda, and then in the afternoon we continue to do veterinary oath ceremony in my faculty.

The procession of the ceremony began when the students enter the room, following by their parents. Then our teacher, dean, and the rector. The ceremony opened by MC start with pray and sing university hymn. Next my dean and rector gave speech, about the veterinary program and carrier opportunity as a vet. Later we are going to the most important thing, swear hippocrates oath :


With my acceptance into the veterinary profession, I swear in the front of God that I:

Will devote myself, the knowledge I have to improving health quality, alleviating the suffer and protecting animals for the welfare of society
Will use my knowledge and skills based on humanity and love for animals
Will give primary consideration to the healing, health and well-being of my patients, the highest interests of the client by risking the honor of my profession and myself
Will always uphold the noble honor and tradition of the Veterinary profession by upholding my Professional Code of Ethics

*if you want to know the original text of Indonesian Veterinary Oath here I attached the link: https://rizkamil.blogspot.com/2019/01/sumpah-dokter-hewan-indonesia.html


The ceremony continue with awarded to two of the students. Showing the slide of the students and their achievement approaching new carrier on vet industry. Next, giving the present to the best student. Closing by MC with national song as background. Took picture together and shaking hand to our beloved teachers before leave.

The last part was the most intimate memory and nostalgic for me, that's the last time I saw my teacher's face, hold their hand and say a lots of thank for build me to be a vet. I met very passionate and serious teachers who never give up to made me learn and learn again, even tears and sweat drowning. From anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, toxicology, microbiology, virology, surgery, diagnostic, animal behaviour, ethic, epidemiology, radiology, , reproduction, entomology, etc I passed it all. I did my best as journey to be a good animal doctor. I won't do harm either curing or in we know as "Primum non nocere".


In frame: my classmates and my teachers


We worn kebaya as national attire for woman and shirt with tie for man. In the outside we worn university gown and graduation hat. The shoes must be pantofel for men, but as woman mostly we use high heels. And side of all it make up is something we would to put for most important milestone of our life.



My family attended to give support and congrats. My mom, my little sister and my big brother following all the ceremony and always beside me at the day. They all the people who give me strength, finance support, bless, and pray for my academic life so I can passed vet school. The hero maybe not wearing cape, the fairy not having wings, yes they are just normal human being with much sacrifice for my success.



My friends will be my colleague, my roommate, my housemate will be my forever sister. They always share laugh, cry, food, knowledge, foolishness, and even dirt (because we share the same washing machine). I love you all from my deepest heart and always to be. You are people who always give your hand to raise me up when I am down on school time. It’s not an easy thing to accomplish the mission to finished almost 7 years of vet school.

from left to right: Pramesti Nugraheni, Me, Iga Mahardi, and Indri Sapto Rini


FINALLY EARNED MY DVM BY 4 YEARS OF DEGREE, 2 YEARS OF INTERNSHIP COURSE, and 2 HOURS OF COMPERHENSION OF VIVA!

Comments

Arfan said…
Certainly, I witnessed the graduation day hihi

Popular Posts