GO MOVE GIRLS!



So, I will tell u my another life story beside of working as a vet. I decide to do sports to balance my life. Usually, I do it after work time alone or in group, enjoy night life in the good ways.

There are many sports I do in Brunei:

1.       Runnning
It’s the most often activity I do, easy and not spend too much time. I can do it alone and just go around my home till park then back. The jogging park near my house: Jubli Perak, Riyadah Jubli Emas, and Kuala Belait Water Front. Sometimes I am going jog with my friends at Seria Park, the track is long and the view is very nice, near with Boba Shop and KFC (hahaha). Most of Park in Brunei has outdoor gym and kids friendly. Not only young age, elder generations have sport routine in morning or afternoon too.


Playground and Gym Outdoor Facility, Jubli Perak Park

Jubli Emas Jogging Track, Kuala Belait


Seria Jogging Track and Park


If you wanna try something unusual, you can try run along the shore like me. I like to do it because I can enjoy the sunset or the sunrise while doing sport. There are no many people, sometimes very quiet and not windy. Make sure you know the way to back home, because it will be hard for you looking public transportation. So both of starting or the end of your jog depend on your endurance. For me, 5 km is enough to spend time 50  minutes. Not too tired, not too long


Kuala Belait Beach, sunset moment



 KB Pantaiku Ceria Cafe

It’s very effective to burn my calories, run without stop for 40  minutes (around 3-4 km) can take much calories. Cardio is the best sport for maintain my heart and sweat. Moisture my skin and give strength to my muscle instantly.


2.       Cycling
I do cycling only 3 first months in KB, most of it because I need to go to nearest place but in hurry. Not kind like sport, but only for some errand haha. Not many people really use bicycle to go somewhere, they just do it for sport and wearing helmet is a must for savety reason. If you wanna go cycling at night you have to use safety light. You should remember the outfit must be suitable with the sport you choose. I don't know why, everyone is very good on doing things as the rule here. Yeah developed country type.


3.       Swimming
I learn swim since 2015, but there’s no improvement on my skill. I learn so hard when in Brunei, Almost everyday I practice, since December 2019 till before covid-19 come. I can swim better now, but not in professional ways lah.

My first swimming experience in Brunei is Bandar Stadium, it has indoor and outdoor swimming pool. The indoor pool has 1.5 meter deep, but out door can be until 7 meter deep. The ticket price is $B 2/ person. When I moved to KB, most of the time I went to swimming pool at night, yeah it's not really good but at least I do sport. I choose to swim at Government Sport Centre (SUKAN) at Mumong, Kuala Belait. The ticket is cheap, only $B1 for adult and $B0.50 for child, very affordable for civilian. The operational time from 08.00 till 21.00, but close at pray time. Sometimes if the weather is not good, kind like rainy or thunder/ light appear, they will close it too. 

Indoor Swimming Pool, Bandar Stadium 


Sukan Mumong Swimming Pool


In holiday season I really like to go to little fancy swimming pool, like in hotel or Jerudong Polo Club. It's has good scenery and ambience with restaurant, you can order food while have a good time there.

Polo Club Swimming Pool


4.       Hiking
When the time corona come, it’s so hard to go to public sport facilities. So the easiest way to spend time is hike on mountain in the night. Actually it’s not really legal to do. But it’s kind of secret journey. My first experience of hiking is going to Bukit Tasek Lama, with my assistant from Bandar. We went to hike in the morning before our shift at clinic. It's exhausting but fun!

from left to right: Ayu, Me, Dr. Emma, and Hamish at Bukit Tasek Lama

Nowadays, I usually going hiking to Bukit Sipatir and Bukit Silat. Both of it located in Bandar, so we have to take 1 hour on the way to the places. It’s fun and give me many experiences to the nature. I am more socialize and try to be patient and keep endure my energy, because it’s long duration and hard trail. Sometime the weather is bad, it can be rainy or rain heavy with lights. I enjoy it the most so far.


Peak of Bukit Sipatir


late night view of Kampung Katok from Bukit Silat

Forest view of Bukit Silat


Things you should prepare for hiking at night: sport suit, hiking shoes, torch, towel, phone, mineral water, candies, hiking mate (incase you are not confident with the track). For your information, the track is not really far, the longest is only 10 km. Maybe it takes only 3 hours maximum to go and back, you don't have too worry to get lost, because there are many other people go for hiking too.

Night Savana with Geng Lidut


5.       Zumba
In a spare time, bad weather outside, alone at home, and don’t have more sports outfit I will do zumba by myself. I like strong zumba and combat, it’s hard to do but very challenging. My favorite zumba class is LIVE, LOVE, PARTY, which originally from Philiphine. Something that make them special are the easy move and popular music. The gendre of the music not only asian, but also western and spanish song. Slay then play the rithme~

Aku Lagi Syantik Zumba by LIVE, LOVE, PARTY


For me, doing sports not only give me strength on my body but also clear my mind. I have little anxiety if get stress, It’s help me to relax and forget the bad things. Sweating is a good way to prevent disease, physical or emotional.




Comments

Popular Posts