Working Overseas is FUN!



It’s been a month since I came to Brunei Darussalam. Yeah, now I stay in the little country north part of Kalimantan Island. Actually, it’s all because I got a job as vet here. So maybe I should stay for 2 years long. I don’t know, am I really could pass it or not. But hopefully I enjoy my days here.

I knew you’re wondering how can I get the job? So I will tell you the story. It’s beginning when I saw the job vacancy on my university class group. I thought why not I take something unusual like working abroad. So, I prepared my application. I think it’s needed a week till I sent it by email. I never expected too much, I thought I was still on the ground of vet practice, my grade just ordinary, and my look can’t define how successful I am. Oh God finally after a month I got replies from my new Clinic now about my acceptance. It’s really a sudden. I got a call from my new Boss by whatsapp and he told me that if I agree with all requirements I can join DZ Vet Clinic.

The documents that needed for working abroad were not so complicated, as long as your future boss guide you well hehe. So first of all the document you need is visa call from your boss (destination country). The visa call is requirement of next process like making visa in Indonesia. And also it’s kind like a must to do Medical Checkup in certain hospital to get the visa too. Make sure you’re fit enough during the process. And the last but not least, you should prepare all previous documents (passport, visa call, medical checkup result) for BP3TKI registration. You are obviously is new member TKI now even working as professional worker wkwk, so please make sure you registered and get the TKI ID before departure.

Fortunately, all the process was not really expensive, and also my boss bought the ticket too. I just prepared my uniform for work, daily basic clothes, and of course skin care. Don’t bring too many belongings, because you will regret it. Brunei just small, quiet, and timid like country. Living in minimalism is very suitable here. The fashion, culinary, life style are old school. Don’t mind about the other’s mouth, no one even care about you haha.

The flight route was from Juanda Airport (Surabaya), then transited in Kuala Lumpur Airport. Finally, after 3 hours waiting I continue to go to Brunei. Luckily my driver was already waited me, so no worry how to reach my destination (Sengkurong district). Bandar Sri Begawan (Capital City) to Sengkurong (Resident) is not far, it just about 20 minutes. The good thing are no more traffic jam, pollution, and crowded people around. All over road are fully by cars and everyone use their own vehicle, only immigrants that use public transportation.

After I arrived at home, I found my room to be good enough for life in. It has AC, bed, cupboard, desk, and clothes hanger. It’s also having bathroom inside, but I have to share it with my neighbor mate. What I love about my new house is big windows, cute color, simple, and easy clean type. So I can enjoy spending my 16 hours after work time here.

The day after I came finally I saw my new workplace. Alhamdulillah it’s already having a good system, even there is no SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for Vet Practice. So, every vet can practice by their own way, a different procedure is ok. But you have responsible of the medication. All of the vets are Indonesian, so it’s easier for me to work as a team.  My work as a vet helped by vet assistants. Most of the vet assistants are local people, just one of them is Indonesian. All of the staffs are good and warm to me. Alhamdulillah…

It’s my first time working abroad, far away from my home. But I enjoy it so much. It’s such a blessed and gift from God. Hope you can have an experience like me too

 Picture of front view of my staff house

Comments

Popular Posts