Trash Business for Modern Lifestyle

After I joined SUIJI even for Service Learning Program. I learned how to solve the problem around us like trash. How did we manage the trash that produce every day?? It just throw away and will end on sea. Most of people think to burn it, some of them bury it. Is it good? What is the effect for our future?

Let’s think and ask to our self. WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

Maybe I just an ordinary girl, I am the same with any other girls. But something different with me. I always have a passion. I will do something ordinary with incredible way. I won’t remember about the date but will always remember the moment I passed.

One of my passion is about how to solve the trash around the world. I don’t know why but I think to be good is awesome and it is really work on me. I have work for Origomiind, an activity to make some handicraft from trash. Origomi comes from its origanating Japanese word, Origami. Ori means to fold and gami means paper. In the other hand, gomi means garbage. So, Origomi is the art to fold the garbage. The brand Origomiind means Origomi as Indonesian local product. I love my work to promote and sell this product. It is not only talk about how many money that we get but it also concern how to realize the society about environment. Plastic will sink us in the sea if we stay produce it and never think how to be wise manage it.

Our idea is focusing on adding the troubling plastic garbages value by the empowerment of unemployed housewife villagers in order to repair garbage problems and also help them to increase their economically income. What makes us difference beside the uniqueness of the materials and the quality of the products that we maintain to be good by not showing the real brand of the garbage (people will not want to use that kind of products nowadays) and one of our product also have the function to reduce the use of more plastic garbages besides of reusing process, we also cooperates with SUIJI (Six Universities Initiative Japan-Indonesia) Service Learning Program which helds Indonesian and Japanese students homestaying in the village every year concerning the solution in village problem, in this case the problem is mainly about garbage. SUIJI students can help to develop the innovation of the products, packaging, selling, and marketing. Because this annual event helps the project, Origomiind can be sustained. This is also the reason why the brand has the sense of Japanese word involved.

The strong brand of Origomiind with the high sense of green product which come from reusing process in order to save the earth from the troubling plastic garbage and also as the Indonesian local product brand will be suitable to the trend of Indonesian market nowadays. The uniqueness of the materialsis also the differences of it. So we believe this product will be up in the market and profitable.

By giving and managing them the opportunity to process their own plastic garbage in to something that can be sold in the market, this waste management solution is a win-win solution to the garbage problem, unproductivity of the woman in the village, and ecomomically profitable for the people.


This is my team for Origomiind: Bunga Rana, Satria Maulana, 
Wulan Aninditasari, Zakya Ariana and Me

Origomiind Poster 

Sharing activity with student of Seoul Women University


Comments

Popular Posts