How’s my 1st year of working in Sabah?


I would describe it in a brave description. Regarding to my duty as a professional animal doctor I responsible to manage the health condition. Their status as companion means to be loved wholehearted, sometimes more than just a pet but as a family member. Very much lovable creature to take care and treated the same as human being.

Currently I work from 10 AM to 7 PM in Papar Branch of SAMC. One shift with a vet nurse and a cashier. They help me much with the duty, far a way from head quarter. Try to solve the problem independently. Sometimes I have busy days, but no patient in other day. The long drive passing crowd city, ton of traffic light, beautiful coastline, the sea, the hills, I love it all. I always amaze with my daily trip along the road, such a perfect landscape.

My responsible in clinic compulsory for doing physical examination, consultation, give diagnose and inform the prognoses. Here, in Papar branch available facility for laboratory check, USG, X-ray, BP and ECG, eye examination, minor and mayor surgery, boarding, grooming, etc. Quite advance for animal clinic in rural area.

Personally, I can see the different of the market situations. Which people in Papar hardly to afford animal health service, it’s pricy for their standard. I have to adjust the need with their budget, some people have high expectations for the treatment. But as a physician, I should inform the prognoses based on the diagnose. It can be treated as long they follow the guidance.

Most of hard case, I will give the explanation in detail with copy of medical report and some suggestion to do at home. I am gladly encouraging my customer to actively research the disease in google. It can make them understand better.

Back to my update for mid 2024 live, I just want to say that I feel tired. I want to have more time to rest and do my hobby. Mingle with people who have similar hobby like me. I don’t want to absorb all of the stress from work, relieve and sooth my emotional tense with various activities. It could distract me from unbearable duty as a vet. I want to continue working professionally till retire in age 60’(kind of sustain idea). I have enough energy and strength to do my job, but my mental sometimes can’t endure the unpause-able shift. 

Comments

Popular Posts